If you have filled out your assessment form (for personal property - cars, boats, etc) you should receive a
bill by Thanksgiving. If you do not, contact us right away to avoid late payment fees. We don't want you to
pay any more than you have to. Real estate is automatically assessed, but you still need to contact if you
don't receive a bill by Thanksgiving.
- Verify all the items on your bill before paying. If there is an error of any kind get it corrected
before you pay and far enough in advance so you can pay the corrected statement before the due date
which is December 31st of each year. If you wait to change an item after you pay you may owe more and
have to pay late payment fees OR you may owe less and have to wait a long time for a refund.
- Try paying online at countycollector.com - It's fast and easy and is a win-win for the taxpayer and the
- Your payment must be postmarked by the US Post Office. Don't wait until the last minute and be sure to
check the hours of the post office or drop box you are mailing from. We have to charge late payment fees
if the payment is late.
- You can pay by check, eCheck (on line), cash, or debit/credit card in our office.
- Please be sure to send your statement topper with your payment.
- We recommend not using a bank bill pay system. These often have errors and we do not receive a statement
topper with the payment which leads to more complications in many cases.
- We do not want to charge you late fees as you can see by all the tips above.