The Greene County Archives and Records Center was opened in 1987 by Del Bishop-a former Federal
archivist- and then county clerk, Dennis Hobbs. They envisioned a central repository where county
records would be maintained for county officials and the general public. Beside having an official
function the Archives was to serve as a county and regional research center.
Formed in 1833, Greene County comprised all of the present counties of McDonald, Newton, Jasper, Barton, Dade, Lawrence, Barry, Stone, Webster and Christian counties and parts of Taney Dallas, Polk, Cedar, Vernon, Laclede, Wright and Douglas counties.
For more information call, write, fax, or make on-line request.