Make a Plan
When a disaster or emergency strikes, it's too late to plan. A key component to being Ozarks Ready
includes developing a plan of action specifically designed for you and your family. It only takes a few
moments to create but when needed a plan can provide an orderly way for your family to communicate and
operate during a crisis. Make sure you regularly discuss the plan with your family and makes updates as
needs or circumstances change.
What does a plan include?
- How will my family get emergency alerts and warnings?
- How will my family get to safe locations for relevant emergencies?
- How will my family get in touch if cell phone, internet, or landline doesn’t work?
- How will I let loved ones know I am safe?
- How will my family get to a meeting place after the emergency?
- How will I keep track of my family’s pertinent medical and other vital information?
- What is the emergency plan at my children’s schools and at my workplace?